BLOG: The most impressive comments we've heard in graduate interviews!06/02/2018
Want some inspiration for your job interview? The top 10 most impressive things said to me in a job interview...
By Beth Nicholls, Talent Consultant, Sparta Global
The interview stage of the Sparta Global application process provides an opportunity for graduates to really impress our interviewers and increase their chances of being selected for the programme. We interview a number of people for each course and it’s the ones that go that extra mile that really impress us. During my time screening candidates I have heard many great comments - but below are the ten that impressed me most:
1. "What can I do to go above and beyond to help you as an organisation?"
2. A candidate wanted to showcase how well they’d researched Sparta Global. They challenged me to test them on their knowledge and research of the company. I liked the enthusiasm and confidence they showed in really turning the interview on its head!
3. "What do you expect me to achieve in the 1st/2nd year in order to excel?"
4. "Would I have freedom to research more material than what I am given in training?"
5. A candidate referred to the fact that the company CEO had been included in a book on good business practice and quoted some of his advice back to me!
6. "Apart from the pre-work material, what else could I do to prepare for the start of the course?"
7. "Could I research more in the evening and request more homework?"
8. "What do you enjoy about your own role and working as part of Sparta Global?"
9. "What else can I do to impress clients? Other than doing my day to day role"
10. "What are the main challenges you face in your role?"
Taking initiative and showing enthusiasm is a surefire way to impress an interviewer - for any role or postition. I love it when candidates come in and flip an interview on its head, impressing me with prior research, their desire to learn more and ambition for their future career.