Purnima Sen shortlisted for Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Director of the Year12/08/2020
Purnima Sen, Head of People & Operations at Sparta Global, is in the running for Director of the Year – Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at IOD’s Director of the Year Awards 2020
LONDON, 12th, August 2020: Purnima Sen, Head of People & Operations at Sparta Global - a technology services company focussed on attracting, training and delivering the UK’s top business and technology professionals - has been shortlisted for Director of the Year – Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the 2020 IOD Director of the Year Awards. Recognised as a finalist for London and the South, the award celebrates enterprising and responsible leadership in the pursuit of equality across a number of key industries.
On being named a finalist, Purnima Sen says; “I am truly thrilled to be included in the shortlist for a Director of the Year Award and particularly in recognition of my involvement in equality, diversity and inclusion.
As a provider of both employment and education, we are committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive learning environment where every individual is given the opportunity to be a future leader in technology. Our Academies are helping to shape a tech workforce representative of the UK today, populated by people from different walks of life, with different ideas, strengths and weaknesses and I am incredibly proud to play a part in driving this message.”
Some of the ways Sparta Global is driving equal opportunities in technology:
- Investing in a dedicated Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) function to support inclusive hiring and training within our company and help our clients to foster change
- Partnering with D&I forums such as; Code First:Girls, Codebar and the Tech Talent Charter to host free tech workshops and encourage more women to launch IT careers
- Working with 70+ universities - running panel sessions and workshops to provide access to role models and foster technical literacy amongst students from all backgrounds
- Hosting Women in Tech and social mobility-focused panels, tech talks and external speakers - as well as community-based events such as You Equal Tech
- Delivering funded technology training so our hires can develop the fundamental skills they need to thrive in their careers - irrespective of background or previous experience
- Assigned individuals to roles with FTSE 100 companies and helped launch tech careers
- 23% of our tech staff are women, 53% from BAME background and 42% are the first individuals in their families to attend University.
This announcement comes four months after Sparta Global was named Employer winner at the 2020 Technology Playmaker Awards in partnership with Booking.com. The award recognised Sparta Global’s commitment to advancing the diversity agenda internally and working with clients to foster more diverse hiring across the IT and technology industry.
You can find out more about Sparta Global’s Diversity and Inclusion initiatives here.
About Sparta Global:
Sparta Global is a technology services company specialising in the provision of highly skilled technology consultants – trained to add value in any workplace environment.
Predominantly an early-careers and graduate employer, Sparta Global gives individuals with a passion for technology access to free training in areas such as; Software Development, DevOps, Testing, Data and Business Analysis. We equip our Spartan consultants with the exceptional collaborative and analytic skills they need to power short and long-term digital projects, connecting organisations with a diverse pool of technology talent that has the knowledge to take advantage of emerging technology trends.
At the completion of their Academy courses, our trainees transition to ‘Spartans’ and are assigned to work on projects with Sparta Global clients across the UK. We now attract, train, deliver and support business and technology professionals for more than a hundred organisations across the UK and Ireland, including: the Home Office, ASOS, Three Mobile, Deloitte, Direct Line Group, RBS and many more.
All Spartans are geographically flexible, offer a refreshing alternative to outsourced IT models and are a cost-effective way for companies to build and sustain future talent pipelines. Employees for the duration of our continuous learning programme, Spartans are also an IR35 compliant resource.
*Sparta Global is also ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certified.
PR & Marketing Manager
M: 07557 569 238