Sparta Global named Best Tech Employer of the Year (50-500)09/12/2020
At Sparta Global, we believe that having more women working in tech is not an option or a choice, but a business imperative. This is why our acknowledgment by Women in Tech as the Best Tech Employer of the Year (50-500) at its 2020 awards is cause for such celebration! The judges were really impressed with our “massive programme to support women in tech where we offer free tech training and are constantly running initiatives to address the gender balance”.
While there is still significant work to do, our community it now 69% male and 31% female. We have worked incredibly hard to introduce inclusive training and employment opportunities and practises that provide equal opportunities for all. But beyond improving inclusivity in our own organisation, our mission is to help drive change across the technology industry. Some ways in which we have done this include;
- Investing in and launching a dedicated ED&I function to support equal opportunities within our company and help clients foster change
- Our CEO, CTO and entire board of directors believe in the transformative power of inclusion in society. This is why our ED&I function is driven by authentic corporate social responsibility efforts, rather than by commercial interests
- We partner with ED&I forums such as Code First Girls, Codebar and Tech Talent Charter to host free tech workshops and encourage more women to launch their careers
- We work with 70+ universities to run panel sessions and workshops to provide access to role models and foster technical literacy amongst female students
- We host women in tech panels, tech talks and external speakers as well as community-based events such as You Equal Tech
- Our trainees receive free tech training so our female hires can develop the fundamental skills they need to thrive in their careers - irrespective of background or previous experiences
- Many of our female Spartans, Directors & staff are often featured in the ED&I media space to help share our mission for an equal tech sector
- We have assigned females with FTSE 100 companies and helped launch their tech careers
We now offer our clients and select organisations expert ED&I advisory services to help transform or boost their ED&I offerings. If you would like to find out more about these services, contact our Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Gaia Caruso for more information.
0208 940 2333